The best thing about the people behind The Sims, they don’t bore us to death to wait for the next franchise nor they are too early to release the
franchise because that can also be boring and unchallenging. The Sims developers make use of Sims expansion packs instead where they add nice features of the game to add variety to your Sim’s life.
The Sims 3 is the latest game of the series, and it comes with 11 expansion packs which include:
- World Adventures – your Sim can now travel in 3 new locations in the world which are in China, France and Egypt. The Sims 3: World Adventures was released on November 2009 in North America, and in 3 different platforms: Mac, Windows and iOS. Additions to this pack includes: new items and clothing, new traits, new building construction which is the basement. The Sims can also level up their skills
- Ambitions – The Sims 3: Ambitions introduces new career pathways for your Sims. The older versions and other expansion packs of the Sim’s career were “RabbitHoles”. Which means that when your Sim goes to work, they disappear and you see them back when they get home. Now, The Sims 3 Ambitions, the players can now control what their Sims will do with their careers.
- Late Night – introduces a brand new city called “Bridgeport”, which is divided into urban and downtown area. It is similar to previous expansions such as The Sims 2: Night Life and The Sims: Hot Date. Bridgeport is designed for late night activities of the Sim. This expansion pack also has a new career which is film career, and puts emphasis on the celebrity mechanic of the game.
- Generations – has new life phase as a theme. For kids, it has imagination as a theme, for teens, the rebellious chaotic scene where teens party while the parents are on vacation. For your adults, they focus on relationships, getting married and having kids. For the Elder Sims, they enjoy reminiscing those wonderful golden years and the happiness of watching their grandchildren grow up.
- Pets – this expansion pack focuses on adding animals or pets to the game. Players can directly control pets. They can create pets the same way they can create a Sim feature. The “Create a Pet” feature lets you customize your pets in various ways like selecting their traits and breeds. It also has a new town called Appaloosa Plains.
- Showtime – Showtime pack includes new stage props, statues, DJ booths, karaoke machine, pull up bars, speaker system, electro-dance sphere, golf-game, and etc… Players can set up their own stage when singers, acrobats and magicians perform in their venue. It has a new world called Starlight Shores which is based on Californian urban area.
- Supernatural – obviously from the title, this pack includes supernatural beings. Players can create witches, zombies, vampires, werewolves, fairies and if Showtime pack is installed, you can also make Genies. Your Sims can cast spells. They can also be charmed or hexed. Supernatural pack also comes with a new world called Moonlight Falls.
- Seasons – released on November 2012, The Sims: Seasons enables players to interact with weather and the seasons. The Sims can do various activities per season. For summer, they can go for a swim on the ocean. For fall they can carve a pumpkin, or have a snowball fight on winter. Seasons come with 4 holidays: Spooky Day, Love Day, Snowflake Day and Leisure Day.
- University Life – released March 5, 2013 in North America. The game is rated T by ESRB. The Sims 3: University Life creates new opportunities for your Sims such as career growth and social connections. Your Sim can take part of a study group and reading text books in the university. But don’t make your Sim work too hard, they also need to party which is also a big party of their university lives.
- Island Paradise – released June 2013. According to the EA broadcast, your Sims can travel to islands by a boat, explore under the sea and run a resort.
- Into the Future – released October 2013.